Special Procedures Technologist
Client is looking for a skilled Special Procedures Tech to join their team.
- Properly identifies patient, verifies order, obtains and documents history and reviews H&P. Educates pre and post and consents patients as per protocols. Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of the patient communicating in a clear, concise caring manner.
- Observes the patient condition while in the department and seeks help from appropriate personnel when deemed necessary
- Safely operates dedicated imaging equipment; stationary and mobile, ultrasound equipment, pressure injector, Angiojet, patient monitoring devices, defibrillator, oxygen and suction.
- Adheres to all regulatory and hospital safety, isolation and infection control procedures/protocols. Provides radiation safety 100% of the time to self, patients and any other healthcare professional participating in the procedure
- In collaboration with the radiologist, selects, guide wires, catheters, stents and any other interventional devices that may be needed to better patient outcomes
- Assumes the responsibility for supply inventory and integrity. Maintains an awareness of costs: avoids waste, enters all patient related charges, and maintains equipment to avoid service costs
- Maintains a flexible and helpful attitude toward schedule changes to accommodate patient needs and to provide coverage 24/7, 365 days per year
- Navigates the hospital computer systems as is required for the specific job. Processes and stores images on PACS. Prints images as needed
- Meets and maintains CE requirements per professional organization-ARRT/SCRQSA. Maintains. Assumes responsibility for continued education requirements .Completes all required organizational education, including CPR.
- Assists in n the collection of data for Performance improvement purposes, reports and documents quality issue, supports new ideas, and follows chain of command when problems arise.
- Maintains good attendance record in accordance with hospital/unit policies. Demonstrates willingness to adjust work schedule to meet department or hospital needs.
Minimum Work Experience
Minimum two years of experience in interventional radiology preferred and /or graduate of an advanced IR program.
Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology. Graduate of an advanced IR program preferred.
Required Licenses and Certifications
- [South Carolina, United States] Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Certified by SCRQSA and ARRT.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Matching 401-K
• PTO and EIB
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Rewards and recognition programs
• Additional perks and discounts