RN Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery - Various
Day and Night shifts available (7a-7p/7p-7a), rotating weekends.
Description - RN Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
Under the direction of a nursing director or other supervisor, the RN Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery assumes the responsibility and accountability for developing, evaluating and directing the plan of care for assigned patients.
Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients.
Utilizes the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of hospital, maintains clinical competencies through continuing education, and delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of the available staff.
The Women’s Center Nurse provides care for patients with various types of obstetrical, gynecological and/or newborn situations. He/she must be able to recognize, triage, assess and effectively treat life-threatening conditions of the obstetrical patient and transfer that patient to a higher level of care if indicated.
He/she must be able to effectively admit an obstetrical patient to labor and/or induce the patient and deliver and care for the patient and the newborn after delivery.
The RN Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery must be able to effectively admit a gynecological patient with the possibility of preparation of surgery of that patient as well as care for that patient post operatively.
He/she must be able to assess a newborn, recognize anomalies, transfer a newborn to a higher level of care if indicated, educate the mother and family unit of newborn care.
Qualifications: RN Registered Nurse - Labor and Delivery
1. Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN Registered Nurse, and in good standing with the Board
2. Diploma RN Registered Nurse, ASN, BSN or MSN.
3. BCLS certification required by hire date. ACLS and STABLE are preferred. Basic Fetal Monitoring and NRP are required within 6 months of hire date.
4. At least one year of previous experience in a Labor and Delivery/Nursery/Post Partum/Gyn Department as an RN Registered Nurse strongly preferred.
5. Ability to regularly accept on-call assignments and ability to report to hospital within 30 minutes of notification.
6. Successful completion of an orientation program.
7. Ability to accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts when acuity and/or census indicates need. Will be available to report to facility within 30 minutes of notification. This status will be determined by Department Director, Women’s Center Charge Nurse, House Supervisor or Administrator on call.