PTA, Physical Therapist Assistant
About our Client:
We are one of the largest and most successful contract rehabilitation companies in the country. With operations at more than 1,400 locations in 42 states, and more than 8,400 employees, our therapists provide rehabilitation services primarily to residents of skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
Our mission is "To share our passion for improving quality of life - one person, one family and one community at a time." From proven clinical capabilities and professional staffing - to compliance management and exclusive rehabilitative programs – we strive to achieve this mission every day.
Geriatric Care center is accepting applications for an experienced or new grad PTA / Physical Therapist Assistant to work with geriatric caseloads in a skilled nursing facility / SNF.
As a PTA / Physical Therapist Assistant, your goal is to restore, enhance and increase functionality. Our goal is to give you the support you need to make a positive impact on every patient in your care, providing you with adaptive tools and technologies that help patients regain the ability to perform all types of activities whether you work in a skilled nursing environment, assisted living, providing outpatient therapy, home healthcare, or in a blend of all rehabilitation settings.
The PTA / Physical Therapist Assistant will assist in the treatment of residents as directed by the Physical Therapist and participate as an active member of facility's rehabilitation team.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assist in the treatment of residents as directed by the Physical Therapist and participate as an active member of facility's rehabilitation team.
· Provides treatment to residents as directed by the Physical Therapist.
· Records treatments given in medical record.
· Instructs families and staff in maintenance programs as directed by the Physical Therapist. Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding resident progress, problems, and plans.
· Participates in resident-care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
· Participates in facility in-service training programs.
· Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department.
· Maintains resident confidence and protects nursing home operations by records, keeping information confidential.
· Records daily treatment charges according to facility policy and procedures.
· Protects resident and employee by adhering to infection control policies and protection protocols.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with facility and department procedure rules and regulations.
· Provides community based services such as health and wellness activities as required.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.`
- Graduate from an accredited program for PTA / Physical Therapist Assistant
- Current license as a PTA / Physical Therapist Assistant in the state of practice as required
- Must meet Clinical Competency requirements
- Must have and maintain current CPR certification
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job
- Capable of maintaining regular attendance
STD/LTD/401 retirement options