PT, Physical Therapist - Student Loan Repayment
About our Client:
We are one of the largest and most successful contract rehabilitation companies in the country. With operations at more than 1,400 locations in 42 states, and more than 8,400 employees, our therapists provide rehabilitation services primarily to residents of skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities.
Our mission is "To share our passion for improving quality of life - one person, one family and one community at a time." From proven clinical capabilities and professional staffing - to compliance management and exclusive rehabilitative programs – we strive to achieve this mission every day.
Geriatric Care center is accepting applications for an experienced or new grad PT / Physical Therapist to work with geriatric caseloads in a skilled nursing facility / SNF.
As a PT / Physical Therapist, your goal is to restore, enhance and increase functionality. Our goal is to give you the support you need to make a positive impact on every patient in your care, providing you with adaptive tools and technologies that help patients regain the ability to perform all types of activities whether you work in a skilled nursing environment, assisted living, providing outpatient therapy, home healthcare, or in a blend of all rehabilitation settings.
The PT / Physical Therapist performs evaluations and develops effective patient treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of patient function, by planning and administering medically prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and professional standards governing the treatment location.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meets the patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription. Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence
- Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants. Complies with company protocol for patient rounding
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patient’s progress; providing medically necessary treatment plan and modifications
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers and other health care workers; Participates in the Q & A process for rehab related issues.
- Manages the appropriate therapy minutes per RUGS category for patients
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing patient specific maintenance programs; instructing patients, families and/or caregivers in follow-up maintenance programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs
- Accuracy in completion of MDS or OASIS items per workflow model
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per corporate procedures. Maintains patient confidence and protects nursing home operations by keeping information confidential. Documentation will be completed using a company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to facility infection control policies and protocols. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with facility and department procedures, rules and regulations. Complies with company protocol for denial management. Ensure appropriate daily billing of services
- Ensures operation of equipment by complying with company procedures, completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Secures equipment, adaptive devices and supplies in accordance with company policy
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and establishing personal networks
- Graduate from an accredited program for Physical Therapy
- Current license as a PT / Physical Therapist in the state of practice as required
- Must meet Clinical Competency requirements as a PT / Physical Therapist
- Must have and maintain current CPR certification
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job
- Capable of maintaining regular attendance
STD/LTD/401 retirement options