PT Physical Therapist - Senior Therapist
We are assisting one of our clients in locating a Senior Physical Therapist to join the team. This person is Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under the direction and supervision of the Director of Therapy.
- Confirms and interprets physician referrals for Physical Therapy Services and consults physician as needed for clarification or recommended change.
- Administers and documents evaluation and treatment plan appropriate to patient condition and diagnosis with regular reassessments during the course of treatment. Works closely with physical therapy assistants to assure the established plan of care is followed.
- Documents daily progress notes and discharge summaries and administers treatment according to policy.
- Performs patient treatment of assigned caseload per treatment plan; utilizing clinical judgment and procedures within the scope of Physical Therapy practice.
- Re-evaluates and adjusts treatment plans and goals on an ongoing basis for each patient.
- Assumes responsibility of other staff members in their absence and assists them when caseload allows.
- Instructs patients and caregivers regarding safety issues, Home Exercise Programs, etc. as indicated.
- Supervises and assists with job training and clinical education, daily work activities of physical therapy assistants, rehab aides, physical therapy students and physical therapy assistant students.
- Works closely with physical therapy assistants to ensure quality care to assigned patients.
- Completes 8th visit follow up treatment with appropriate patients.