PT, Physical Therapist - Outpatient / OP
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the ethical, cost effective management, delivery, documentation, and outcomes of professional physical therapy services to patients in accordance with an established physical plan of care and in compliance with all applicable licensure/certification requirements, profession physical therapy acts, federal, state and agency policies and procedures. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
The Physical Therapist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interprets referrals; examines, evaluates, develops, and modifies physical therapy plan of care including anticipated goals and expected outcomes for patients
- Performs a comprehensive physical, psychosocial, and safety assessment of assigned patients as evidenced by clinical documentation
- Coordinates patient care with other clinical team members ensuring optimal patient care and communication as noted in the clinical record
- Directs Physical Therapy Assistants to perform specific components of treatment and interventions and remains responsible for the episode of patient care
- Provides and modifies skilled interventions through the use of therapeutic procedures and techniques to produce changes in the condition consistent with the diagnosis and prognosis
- Initiates promptly the appropriate corrective action(s) when abnormal condition or response is noted
- Written reports are concise, legible and accurate and done in a timely manner.
- Understands the developmental life span of the patient; assesses, interprets and provides care/service in a safe environment according to age-specific and cultural needs; evidence and documentation such as test, direct observation and demonstration
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Current Oklahoma Physical Therapy license OR be eligible for license in the state of Oklahoma AND able to practice under the Oklahoma Physical Therapy Practice Act. Must have completed licensure by 6 months after initial temporary license is issued. (Must present letter/permit proving eligibility upon hire.)
- Current BLS or CPR certification upon hire or completion within 30 days of hire required
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
- Previous relevant work experience preferred.