PT Physical Therapist - Acute care
The Physical Therapist provides evaluation and sets up treatment programs for all patients referred to physical therapy; provides physical therapy treatment to referred patients; writes and reviews patients progress reports, including charting, and reports to referring physicians; consults with prosthetists/orthotists and suppliers of patient care products; provides correct information on Medicare and AHCCS and all other forms; provides correct statistics and billing information for Physical Therapy patients; educates staff in departmental/hospital concerns and instructs new staff in safe body mechanics; attends department and hospital meetings as appropriate and serves on various committees; orients and trains new and continuing staff regarding scope and needs of the Therapies Department; and, performs other duties as assigned.
- Confirms and interprets physician referrals for Physical Therapy Services and consults physician as needed for clarification or recommended change.
- Administers and documents evaluation and treatment plan appropriate to patient condition and diagnosis with regular reassessments during the course of treatment.
- Works closely with physical therapy assistants to assure the established plan of care is followed.
- Documents daily progress notes and discharge summaries and administers treatment according to policy.
- Performs patient treatment of assigned caseload per treatment plan; utilizing clinical judgment and procedures within the scope of Physical Therapy practice
- Re-evaluates and adjusts treatment plans and goals on an ongoing basis for each patient.
- Assumes responsibility of other staff members in their absence and assists them when caseload allows
- Instructs patients and caregivers regarding safety issues, Home Exercise Programs, etc. as indicated.
- Supervises and assists with job training and clinical education, daily work activities of physical therapy assistants, rehab aides, physical therapy students and physical therapy assistant students. Works closely with physical therapy assistants to ensure quality care to assigned patients. Completes 8th visit follow up treatment with appropriate patients.