Multi-Modality Tech - radiographic, fluoroscopic, portable, C-arm, and CT
Client is looking for a skilled Multi-Modality Tech to join their growing Radiology Unit.
- Operates imaging equipment (radiographic, fluoroscopic, portable, C-arm, and CT) following radiation safety guidelines based on hospital policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provides radiographic support for all areas of the Hospital as needed.
- Operates other patient care equipment/devices as appropriate oxygen, suction, syringes, monitors, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, wheelchairs, stretchers and compression devices.
- Position patients accurately for specific anatomic imaging using appropriate immobilization devices when required. Avoids excessive repeated examinations by following guidelines.
- Calculates exposure factors for optimum quality studies. Adheres to the use of predetermined protocols as outlined by the radiologists.
- Provides radiation protection 100% of time to self, patients, visitors and other health care professionals. Adheres to all polices and procedures related to radiation safety per Providence Hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates images for technical quality and insures that quality is present before dismissing patients or submitting images for interpretation. Patient recalls must be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Assumes responsibility for the physical and psychological needs of each patient. Communicates in a clear, concise, accurate and caring manner.
- Maintains competency for venipuncture, specific to the requirements of the modality.
- Initiates life support systems in a competent, capable and calm manner when necessary. Understands the operation of suction and oxygen. Basic understanding and familiarity with drugs in crash cart.
- Maintains certification-ARR, SCRQSA. Assumes responsibility for continuing educational requirements required for continues certification.
- Enters required information into Meditech in a timely manner.
- Properly identifies patient, verifies orders, history and other relevant information to assist Radiologist with interpretation.
- Follows up on all requested call reports, fax reports, critical results as required.
- [South Carolina, United States] Radiologic Technologists and Technicians
- Certified by The American Registry of Radiologic Technology or other licensing body or is Registry eligible. Certified by the State of SC.
- Training must have included care of patients of all ages-pediatric, teens, adult and geriatric patients. Technologists performing routine diagnostic radiography must become registered within one (1) year of employment. Technologists hired in specialty modalities who are unregistered at the time of employment, must become registered/certified within two (2) years.
- BLS Certification.
Graduate of (an approved school or training program) a 24-month approved School of Radiologic Technology or other approved training (i.e. military).
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Matching 401-K
• PTO and EIB
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Opportunities for career advancement
• Rewards and recognition programs
• Additional perks and discounts