MT Medical Technologist CLS Clinical Laboratory Sc
Job Summary: Responsible for the processing of laboratory specimens and reporting of results in all areas of the clinical laboratory. Maintains laboratory records. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory.
– Ability to function in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
– Responsible for performing high-complexity testing.
– Alters or adjusts methods and procedures for the neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
– Performs quality control procedures and instrument checks.
– Demonstrates knowledge of expected lab values for the neonate, pediatric, and adolescent, adult and geriatric patient.
– Notifies patient care unit and/or physician of critical lab results.
– Maintains accurate lab records on procedures performed for statistics and billing
1.General job duties. Types of procedures required.
Generalists: Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Microbiology, Phlebotomy, Urinalysis, Coag, Immunochemistry
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.)
Hematology-Sysmex XT 4000i/XP 300
Coagulation-Sysmex CA620 Roche Coaguchek
Urinalysis-Seimens Clinitek Status
Chemistry-Seimens Exl 200 Abbott iStat Piccolo Express
HIS/LIS - MedHost
Blook Bank - Ortho Gel System
– Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, or Biology.
– State Licensure as a Medical Technologist in the following specialties: blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
– Certification preferred.