Location : Oklahoma City OK 73141
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 1056
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
The mammography tech is responsible for detecting breast tissue abnormalities by completing mammographic imaging studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
1. Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
2. Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
3. Conducts mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms; instructing patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms; preparing for next positioning and view.
4. Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
5. Maintains production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
6. Ensures operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance; instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
7. Keeps mammography supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; collecting and processing laundry.
8. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
9. Documents patient mammogram services by completing patient record charting.
10. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Required Qualifications :
1. High school graduate or equivalent
2. Current BLS
3. Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic technology training in an AMA-approved school and ability to meet requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
4. Mammographic Radiologic Technology certified.
5. Able to operate sophisticated computer equipment
6. Strong interest in scientific and technical skill and knowledge
7. Able to interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured
8. Able to communicate effectively
9. Able to perform well independently
10. Able to follow detailed instructions
11. Exact and precise
12. Highly self-motivated