Maintenance Technician III
Job Title: Maintenance Technician III
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
Date Reviewed: March 2019
To be able to perform a variety of specific & general maintenance/preventative task, as well as inspections, servicing, overhaul of equipment and facilities, which will include mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems and functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· To perform electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic, and overall general preventative maintenance on all equipment in all areas of the facility.
· Needs to be able to examine equipment and diagnose problems. Must be able to perform routine maintenance including repair or replacement of broken parts, including adjustments, cleaning and lubrication of equipment.
· Assigned P.M. work orders must be completed on time and by the end of the shift.
· Must be able to maintain established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement programs, and safety.
· Conduct routine tours to inspect work and project areas for quality of work performed.
· Contribute to professional growth and development through participation in educational programs and training seminars.
· Lead projects with other maintenance Technicians and personnel ensuring on time completion of tasks and projects.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - combines complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving Skills - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
· Able to interpret instructions furnished in different formats such as written, oral, and diagram; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Excellent Customer Service Skills
· Interpersonal and Communication Skills - speaks and writes clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Works well individually or as part of a team.
· Demonstrates safety knowledge; follow and adhere to all safety protocols
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum Experience: 7-10 years facilities and building mechanic experience with sufficient knowledge in plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
· Must be able to effectively communicate.
· Must be able to follow instructions and work independently to complete task.
· Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent / Two years trade school preferred.
· Manufacturing environment experience required.
· Required Valid Driver License and clean Motor Vehicle Record
· Familiar with lean manufacturing techniques.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; stand; move around the plant, including climbing stairs or ladders; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The associate may occasionally be required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds unassisted, and occasionally lift and/or move over 40 lbs using a team lift. Repetitive use of hands/motion and have manual dexterity, finger dexterity, and multi-limb coordination. Use of appropriate personal protective equipment, including but not limited to, safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, respirator mask and coveralls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Primary duties will be performed in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud in production area. While performing the duties of this job in the production area, the associate works near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Position/Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time. Work Schedule: Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday, 6am – 4:30pm, May require overtime based on business needs.
Travel: Minimal travel is expected for this position.