Director of Information Management Services
The overall responsibility of the Director of Information Management Services is to provide leadership and direction in the support and utilization of the technology capabilities at the hospital assigned.
This position reports to the Corporate CIO and is the senior IT leader at the hospital and will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the hospital administration team.
The primary responsibility will be to ensure that support and needs of the hospital are achieved on a day-to-day basis.
This position will have management oversight of the local IT staff responsible for supporting and maintaining the local systems and technology capabilities including desktops, local network, applications and voice solutions.
Through strong relationships and a firm grasp of the hospital’s environment, the position will serve as a liaison between the hospital and the Corporate IT Functions, advocating needs identified at the hospital level.
This position should be able to establish credibility through their performance in establishing themselves as a trusted member of the hospital leadership.
Must be an intelligent, articulate, highly organized and a persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the IT management team.
1. Responsible for the management of the local IT staff and the functions supported at the local level including help desk, desktop support, server administration, local application support, and ensuring the operational metrics are being properly managed.
2. Works with the Corporate CIO and hospital CFO to implement the appropriate staffing model and the sourcing of resources to deliver, maintain and support all locally supported solutions.
3. Works closely with the Corporate IT Staff and Hospital Leadership on IT strategic planning, project roadmap, and overall priority management.
4. Coaches, mentors and assigns priorities for the local IT staff to ensure they perform their duties and responsibilities as required.
5. Communicates regularly with hospital Administration ensuring alignment with hospital goals and IT goals
6. Adheres to a structured IT Governance process for prioritization, support and project management.
7. Conducts recurring communications throughout the hospital to ensure awareness and transparency exists between IT and the rest of the organization.
8. Responsible for physician education and satisfaction as well as physician office integration with our IT systems. 9. Keeps abreast with new and emerging trends in the industry.
· Proven experience in managing 5 or more staff
· Bachelor’s degree in IT or Healthcare; Master’s degree preferred
· Minimum 4-6 years management experience in Healthcare IT organization.
· Experience and knowledge of IT delivery and support processes and standards
· Familiarity with Cerner, MEDHOST, Meditech and other core healthcare application platforms a plus
· 5 plus years in managing IT budget for a team or department
· Experience with Project Management methodologies and best practices
· Solid grasp of healthcare regulations, including HIPAA and Meaningful Use
· Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work professionally with confidential, proprietary data and information while maintaining confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels, both internal and external.
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to plan, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames, as well as the ability to deal with priority changes.
· Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work within the established policies, procedures and practices prescribed by the organization.
· English sufficient to provide and receive instructions/directions.
· Hospital IT experience preferred.
· Minimum of five years of experience in data processing, systems analysis, computer operations and programming, project management and supervision.