Director of ICU Intensive Care Unit
Directs the department's activities and resources to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and clinical protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing preferred
*Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Registered Nurse (RN) in State of Michigan required
- Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS-HCP) Required
- Certification of Nursing Administration preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- 2 years management experience required