Director of Cath Lab - RN Registered Nurse
Plans and implements the overall policies, procedures, and services of the cardiac catheterization lab. Ensures efficient and effective lab operations, including quality control and compliance adherence. May be responsible for hiring and training of new employees as well as budgetary control for the lab. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs position-specific job functions at an acceptable level.
- Supports mission and goals of the hospital and parent company.
- Develops and maintains clinical standards of practice for all disciplines.
- Supports and participates in the marketing efforts of the cath lab and community service organizations, including public speaking opportunities.
- Maintains up-to-date professional knowledge.
- Interprets philosophy/objectives of Cath Lab Services to staff, clients, families, and to the community.
- Is accessible to staff 24 hour per day, unless otherwise designated.
- Assures that budget projections are met annually.
- Intervenes and mediates in management conflicts/problems.
- Enhances Cath Labs' relationship with other Regional Hospital Departments, including physician relations, staff development and any/all cross-functional departments such as Quality Improvement, Housekeeping, Pharmacy, Human Resources.
- Required - 7 years of relevant nursing experience
- Preferred - Previous experience in Nursing Director capacity
- Required - Master degree
- Required - BLS
- Preferred - ACLS
- Required - Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of OK as a rn registered nurse.