Computed Tomography Technologist
Using independent judgment, perform a variety of procedures utilizing computerized tomographic equipment.
• Operational background and/or experience with microcomputer preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and guest relations skills required.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform a variety of CT procedures on outpatients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
2. Perform a variety of CT procedures on inpatients (General, IMC and ICU) of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
3. Perform a variety of CT procedures on ED and Trauma patients of all ages, according to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
4. Perform advanced Neuro Imaging and post processing to support Comprehensive Stroke Designation.
5. Maintain technical skills relating to imaging factors.
6. Maintain an excellent guest relations rapport with patients, visitors, Physicians and fellow employees.
7. Maintain skills in performing emergency and routine patient care as required.
8. Administer agents / pharmaceuticals under the supervision of the Radiologist.
9. Utilize proper infection control practices per the department procedure manual.
10. Ensure adequate levels of inventory. Monitor the condition of equipment and supplies to ensure the safe and efficient operations of the department; report problems to proper authority. Review and recommend equipment / supply purchases.
11. Ensure the integrity of, proper recording and transmission of patient information.
12. Participate in flexible work hours that coincide with workload demands, overtime required when necessary. Assume CT call.
13. Participate in continuing education and maintain knowledge of current and new technology.
14. Performs other related work as required or requested.
• Associate Degree
• Registered radiographer (ARRT-R) in good standing or registry eligible. If not otherwise specified by the professional licensing body, the maximum allowable time to practice in a “registration pending” status is three months.
• Active license required in radiography from the IEMA Division of Nuclear Safety.
• Maintain CPR Certification.