CNC Machine Operator
Machine parts or products according to shipping order, production drawings, and quality requirements. Perform a variety of routine tasks to assist in production activities. Employees are required to follow all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Locate and mark bending and cutting lines onto work piece
- Grind work piece to cut, bend, and straighten metal
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using square, ruler, measuring tape, gauge, etc.
- Operate automated machines, such as brakes, mills, shears, lathes, drill presses and tapping machines
- Transport parts to and from work stations via hand truck or pallet jack
- Examine product to verify conformance to company standards
- Count machined parts to determine completion of shipping order
- Conduct tests and inspections of products and parts
- Control operations of equipment
- Watch gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with standards
- Enforce and practice the principals of 5-S
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully one should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Ability to manage time efficiently
- General knowledge of machines and tools
· General knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality control
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Results Driven
- 1-2 Years of manufacturing/production experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Average computer skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Good communication skills; speak, write and understand the English language
Previous experience as a Machine Operator
High School diploma or equivalent
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lifting up to 40lbs unassisted and occasionally lift and/or move heavier items utilizing a team lift.
- Repetitive use of hands/motion and have manual dexterity, finger dexterity, and multi-limb coordination.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, respirator mask, coveralls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. General physical activities would include activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs and whole body, such as lifting, walking, and handling of materials.
- Hands and arms will be used in handling, positioning, and moving parts and materials
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs (Extent Flexibility)
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne contaminants, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Work environment is not climate-controlled. The noise level may exceed permissible exposure limit and hearing protection may be required. Mechanical equipment and moving objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-Time. Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 5:00AM – 3:30PM. May require overtime based on business needs.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.