Assembler - Pole Processor
Summary/Objectives: It is the goal of the Assembly personnel to consistently produce and package assemblies at a level that meets current demands of Pelco Products Inc. and its customers with high productivity and excellent quality control. Employees are required to follow all Pelco Products Inc. safety rules, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Basic general assembly
- Able to comprehend technical drawings and job sheets
- Basic hand tool operation
- Simple computer operations
- Able to read a tape measure
- 5S (lean operations)
- Be available as required by customer demand to work additional time (overtime) throughout the year.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Cell Coordinator, Team Leader, Production Supervisor, or Production Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Ability to work individually or as part of a team
2. Time Management Skills
3. Results Driven
4. Knowledge of machine operations and parts
5. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and co-workers.
6. Ability to perform basic math functions. Ability to count and measure.
7. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
8. Self-motivated, able to work independently.
Education and/or Experience:
- 1-2 years of manufacturing/production experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and work instructions.
- Ability to organize departmental work assignments and multi-task.
- Average computer skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Must be a good communicator (written and verbal) and able to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
- Some experience in a general production environment is preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking for long periods of time. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lifting up to 40lbs unassisted and occasionally lift and/or move heavier items utilizing a team lift.
- Repetitive use of hands/motion and have manual dexterity, finger dexterity, and multi-limb coordination.
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment, including but not limited to safety glasses, steel-toe shoes, hearing protection, respirator mask, coveralls.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne contaminants, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Work environment is not climate-controlled. The noise level may exceed permissible exposure limit and hearing protection may be required. Mechanical equipment and moving objects.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-Time. Work Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 5:00AM – 3:30PM. May require overtime based on business needs.
Travel: No travel is expected for this position.